Gullivers Sports Travel Responsible Tourism image

Events International is a part of the Events Division within Travelopia. At Travelopia we are driven by travel’s potential for good; our diverse portfolio of travel businesses are unified in their common purpose “To enrich lives through inspiring travel experiences”, for not only our guests but also for the people and places we visit.

Our Approach

We recognise the urgent nature of the climate and biodiversity crisis we face, and that aspects of tourism are currently contributing to both. We commit to playing our part in reducing these and seeking ways in which we can contribute to the solutions required. We are currently measuring the carbon emissions of our offices and operations and developing a decarbonisation plan in line with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s (IPCC) carbon reduction goals. Additionally, we are developing plans to support the restoration of the natural landscapes we need to tackle climate change.

Our sustainable travel operational standards ensure that the way in which our trips are operated eliminates or reduces any negative impacts on our destinations and seeks to increase positive impacts for people and places. Closer to home, our sustainable workplace policy drives us to act responsibly in our places of work.

Our Partners

Responsible Tourism - Blue Marine Foundation image

Blue Marine Foundation

Partnering with Blue Marine Foundation to take climate and nature action.

As part of our commitment to climate and nature action, we’ve joined our sister companies across the Travelopia Group* to partner with Blue Marine Foundation. 

Our objective is to help conserve the stunning coastlines and marine life that enrich your holidays and restore ocean ecosystems that are vital in tackling climate change.

Together with our sister travel companies, we intend to donate at least £1 million over the next 3 years, with an aim to support the conservation and restoration of 7,000 hectares of vital marine ecosystems through seven global projects.

From the Mediterranean to the Caribbean, Kenya to Indonesia, these protected “blue carbon ecosystems” have the potential to remove and store thousands of tonnes of carbon every year. They will also help protect a rich diversity of coastal and underwater wildlife, including endangered species.

Our support will also enable the training and employment of local communities in marine conservation, helping ensure these beautiful places are preserved for generations.

What work are we supporting? 

Our partnership supports seven projects which span the globe, from the Mediterranean to the Caribbean, Kenya to Indonesia. Through a combination of conservation, ecosystem restoration, research and community engagement, each project seeks to address the climate and biodiversity crisis in different ways, empowering and engaging local communities: 

  • Greece – A blue carbon approach to saving Greek seas  
  • The Caribbean – Restoring blue carbon habitats and protecting unique marine ecosystems  
  • Indonesia – Community-led restoration of Indonesia’s extraordinary blue forests  
  • Philippines – Restoring abandoned aquaculture ponds to productive mangrove forests  
  • Formentera, Spain – Safeguarding the future of ancient seagrass meadows 
  • Kenya - Restoring Mida-Creek’s mangrove forests  
  • The Maldives – Restoring mangroves and seagrass for climate mitigation and resilience  

Who is Blue Marine Foundation?

Blue Marine Foundation is an organisation dedicated to restoring the ocean to health by protecting and restoring marine life. Its mission is to see at least 30 per cent of the world’s ocean under effective protection by 2030 and the other 70 per cent managed in a responsible way.

The ocean is the world’s largest carbon sink. By combatting overfishing, establishing Marine Protected Areas, restoring depleted marine habitats and engaging local communities in marine conservation, Blue Marine seeks to ensure the ocean can continue its vital function of stabilising the Earth’s climate. To date, Blue Marine has contributed to the protection of over four million square kilometres of the ocean.


Our Partners